KOD: 7.4 - Skuteczność przezcewkowej elektroresekcji (TURP) i nacięcia (TUIP) gruczołu krokowego u chorych na raka stercza, u których wystąpiło zatrzymanie moczu
Artykuł opublikowany w Urologii Polskiej 2006/59/Suplement 1.
Sergey Pasichnyk, Andriy Zuravthak, R. Z. Sheremeta, Yuriy Gritsina
- Lviv Medical University, Department of Urology, Ukraine
- Introduction and objectives. Recently transurethral electroresection of the prostate (TURP) and transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP) have widely been used in the clinical practice. Objective of our work was to analyze the results of TURP and TUIP in patients with acute urinary retention caused by prostate cancer.
- Material and methods. Operation was performed under the spinal anesthesia by 'Storz' 24 Ch resectoscope. The TUIP was performed in patients with acute urinary retention caused by prostate cancer (mean age 61.42 ?5.23). The average volume of the prostates in patients before the treatment was - 34.4 ?7.7 cc. TURP was performed in 99 patients with PC (mean age 64.36 ?4.65, mean prostate volume 60,1 ?8,1 cc). 12 patients from this group with prostate volume of 32.6 ?4.3 were included into the subgroup TURP-1.
- Results. In all patients the operation was performed without any serious complication. Haematuria of moderate intensity was observed in 25 patients (25%) who underwent TURP and in 5 patients (17.8%) who underwent TUIP in early post-operative period but none required a blood transfusion.
- Assessment of the haematocrit index
- The efficacy of TURP, TURP - 1 & TUIP assessed in 1, 3 and 12 months after the operation
- Conclusion. TUIP is a save and effective method of treatment for patients with acute urinary retention caused by cancer prostate, that is confirmed by our experience.